Saturday, September 26, 2020

Tocqueville’s Take on the Nature of Man – The Bully Pulpit

Tocqueville's Take on the Nature of Man – The Bully Pulpit
Consider carefully all we can muster on the nature of man. Our anthropology informs our theology. 

Tocqueville's Take on the Nature of Man – The Bully Pulpit

"When I consider the brief span of my life absorbed into the eternity which precedes and will succeed it… I take fright and am amazed to see myself here rather than there: there is no reason for me to be here rather than there, now rather than then. Who put me here? By whose command and act were this place and time allotted to me?"

Blaise Pascal, writing in a section of his Pensées (1662)

More Democracy in America:

American Flag

Tocqueville on Church and State

Advertisements


Best regards,
Dr. Jeff Darville 
Brevity due to mobile device
Sent from my iPhone

No comments: